We are upgrading some Java Projects from Java 6 to Java 7. We use Eclipse yet still need to use Apache Tomcat 6.0.x. After downloading and installing the a JDK 7 and changing all the necessary references in Project Preferences to Java 7 (e.g. Java Build Path, Java Compiler, etc.), I was still left with this error:
project facet java 1.7 is not supported by target runtime apache tomcat v6.0
Here is the fix:
- Window Menu -> Preferences
- On the left, select Server -> Runtime Environments
- Highlight “Apache Tomcat v6.0” and select the “Edit…” button
- On the “Edit Server Runtime Environment” dialog, change the JRE to be a Java 7 JDK or JRE.
- Rebuild your project and the error should go away.